There is an unusual garden in a dark cave cultivated by a lonely man. One day, while he is pruning the plants he finds a little boy in a pot. The child’s nails are just as long as the offshoots of a plant.
- RUNNING TIME:
- Tomek Ducki
- Tomek Ducki
- Paweł Kamykowski, Tomek Ducki, Katarzyna Zolich
- Jean-Marc Petsas
- Tomek Ducki, Weronika Banasińska
Tomek Ducki is a Hungarian-Polish animation director and designer born in Budapest, 1982. He studied animation at the Moholy-Nagy University of Art and Design in Hungary and at the National Film and Television School in the UK, but for the past ten years he is based in Poland, where he works and collaborates with local artists and studios.
His distinctive style is heavily influenced by both the Polish and the Hungarian school of animation and poster design. His unmistakable style is characterised by the blending of different animation techniques, visually mesmerising colour combinations and hidden stories.
His most known works are his multi awarded short films, Life Line and Baths, and music videos for artists such as Basement Jaxx, Zhu or Bipolar Sunshine.
- 36th Warsaw Film Festival, Poland, 2020 (screening)
- 60th Krakow Film Festival, 2020, Poland, 2020 (competition)
- Animator - International Animated Film Festival 2020, Poland, 2020 (competition)
- 27th International Film Festival Etiuda&Anima, Poland, 2020 (competition)
- 17th International Animated Film Festival Animateka, Slovenia, 2020 (competition)
- 18th BOGOSHORTS Bogotá Short Film Festival, Columbia, 2020 (competition)
- 40th Anima - Brussels International Animation Film Festival, Belgium, 2021 (competition)
- Kaboom Animation Festival, The Netherlands, 2021 (competition)
- Animatricks International Animation Festival 2021, Finland, 2021 (competition)
- 9th Friss Hús Budapest International Short Film Festival, Hungary, 2021 (competition)