POLISH TITLE: RUDY
Cigarettes, keys, a cell phone, a wallet – an unfinished life lying in a plastic police bag on the kitchen table. A father and daughter’s eyes meet as they take in the evidence of absence, silently measuring the distance between life and death. From the depths of the bag comes the sound of a phone ringing. That sound will become the echo of human grief.
The movie RED is about the scraps of life of Judyta and her father Zbigniew, shown across several days following the death of Judyta’s brother, Marcin, killed in a car accident. As they try to come to terms with the void left by a loss of a loved one, all their mutual resentment and finger pointing is unexpectedly interrupted by a stranger: Red.
Will he accept all the blame? And will it be enough? Will Judyta and Red be drawn closer together? Can anything new grow upon the sense of guilt? And what hides behind Zbigniew’s loneliness and heavy drinking? And who - really - deserves the noose the most?
- RUNNING TIME:
- Karina Węgiełek
- Karina Węgiełek
- Jacek Petrycki
- Oskar Handzlik
- Izabela Baran, Mirosław Zbrojewicz, Bartosz Bednarski, Mariusz Czajka, Tomasz Traczyński
- Szymon Zygoń
- Warszawska Szkoła Filmowa
- 17th Tirana International Film Festival, Albania, 2019 (competition)
- Aesthetica Film Festival 2019, UK, 2019 (competition)
- Crystal Palace International Film Festival 2020, UK, 2020 (competition)
- Manchester Film Festival 2020, UK, 2020 (competition)
- Beeston Film Festival 2020, UK, 2020 (competition)
- Flickers’ Rhode Island International Film Festival 2020, USA, 2020 (competition)
- 3rd Fest Cine Pedra Azul 2020, Brazil, 2020 (competition)
- Islantilla Cineforum 2020, Spain, 2020 (competition)
- Salento International Film Festival 2020, Italy, 2020 (competition)
- Arizona International Film Festival 2020, USA, 2020 (competition)
- Thessaloniki International Short Film Festival 2020, Greece, 2020 (competition)