It grows slowly as an icicle, but one day it drops and crashes.
Anka loves cats. And Jesus. In a winter silence the lagoon freezes and the unspoken resurfaces like crack on ice.
Mosaic portrait of a small fisherman's village where human to human, human to animal, animal to animal interdepend on a delicate balance of warm tender care and cold emotional cruelty. An eerie story of loneliness and community narrated with magical realism.
- RUNNING TIME:
- Tomasz Popakul, Kasumi Ozeki
- Tomasz Popakul
- Tomasz Popakul
- King Midas Sound, Circle of Ouroborus, Godflesh, 19 Wiosen, Tenhi, Ait!
- SOUND MIND STUDIO, Michał Fojcik M.P.S.E.
- Jakub Baniak, Magdalena Basińska, Alicja Błaszczyńska, Magdalena Botor, Agnieszka Czachór, Jagoda Czarnowska, Alicja Grotuz, Karolina Kajetanowicz, Olga Kłyszewicz, Marcin Kotliński, Adrianna Matwiejczuk, Katarzyna Melnyk, Michalina Musialik, Maria Nitek, Michał Orzechowki, Marcin Podolec, Tomasz Popakul, Weronika Szyma, Marcjanna Urbańska, Pola Włodarczyk, Agata Mianowska- Zamarło, Patrycja Ćmak
- Yellow Tapir Films
- EC1 Łódź – Miasto Kultury
Graduated Lodz Film School in direction animation and special effects. His debut movie Ziegenort was shown at many festivals around the world. His another project, Acid Rain, gained 35 awards, was shown in around 90 festivals, got a prestigious nomination for Annie Awards, and was on the long Oscar list. Created short hybrid animation Moon for HBO pandemic anthology At Home. Collaborated with Kasumi Ozeki on Acid Rain, Moon, and now ZIMA.
- 2023 Ottawa International Animation Festival, Canada, 2023 (Best Narrative Short Animation)
- 66th International Leipzig Festival for Documentary and Animated Film – DOK Leipzig 2023, Germany, 2023 (competition)
- 50th Film Fest Gent, Belgium, 2023 (competition)