POLISH TITLE: FESTYN
A train stops in a middle of nowhere because of a girl jumping in front of it. It’s summer, so while waiting for the police, the passengers leave the hot train and start to have a picnic nearby, just few meters away from the dead body. There is beer, polish sausages, sun cream and a lot of gossiping about why the girl committed suicide. People seem to be angrier at the train being held up than caring about the girl’s death. But who or what was a real reason behind her demise?
- RUNNING TIME:
- Grzegorz Krawiec
- Grzegorz Krawiec, Anna Stańko
- Filip Drożdż
- Piotr Urban
- Michalina Rodak, Mikołaj Chroboczek, Mariusz Drężek
- Studio Munka
- Film Produkcja, TVN, Samira Studio, Ryba Movie, Robert Skrobisz Premium Management, Fremantle Media
Born in the city of Przemysł in south-east Poland, Grzegorz Krawiec graduated from the Film and TV Direction Department of the Leon Schiller National Film, Television and Theatre School in Łódź in 2014. His film school projects, Honeymoon and Pizza à la Polonaise, have been screened at national and international festivals. He works as a director of television programmes and is currently working on the screenplay for his full-length feature debut.
- 36th interfilm, International Short Film Festival Berlin, Germany, 2020 (screening)
- See the Sound SoundTrack_Cologne Festival 2020, Germany, 2020 (competition)
- 19th Almeria en corto International Film Festival, Spain, 2020 (competition)