THE FROG KING
POLISH TITLE: ŻABI KRÓL
Julia and Robert meet over the Internet. For their first date, she has to take her ten-year-old son with her. Will she manage to make a good impression on Robert not ruining the relationship with her child? The film poses the question of how seemingly insignificant details affect the perception of the other person.
- RUNNING TIME:
- Arek Biedrzycki
- Arek Biedrzycki, Natalia Pietsch
- Natalia Pietsch
- Wojciech Słota, Tomasz Polsakiewicz
- Wydział Radia i Telewizji Uniwersytetu Śląskiego w Katowicach (WRiTv UŚ)
graduate of Wajda School and Krzysztof Kieślowski Faculty of Radio and Television University of Silesia in Katowice in film directing. Part-taker of various workshops, including Passion to Market in NFTS Beaconsfield and La Fémis in Paris, Talent Lab in Reykjavík and Directing Actors in New York. Author of films created within the Munk Studio debut programmes - "Plain Landscape with a cradle" and "Beat Frequency". During his film studies he has made, among others, "Errata" and "You keep an eye on us", which competed in many international film festivals where they have received a lot of recognition. He lives in Warsaw.
- 18th New Horizons Film Festival, Poland, 2017 (screening)
- 23rd International Short Film Festival in Drama, Greece, 2017 (competition)
- Les Arcs European Film Festival 2017, France, 2017 (competition)
- Autumn in Voronet International Film Festival, Romania, 2018 (Best Cinematography Award in the Student Competition)
- 20th BUNTER HUND – International Short Film Festival Munich, Germany, 2019 (competition)