POLISH TITLE: GRY
Maciej Marczewski’s “GAMES” is a short fiction based on Ireneusz Iredyński’s radio play “The Lift”. The entire story is played out in a lift which has got stuck. There are two people stuck inside. They begin to play a startling game. They concoct a shared life, telling each other imaginary stories of their first romantic and amusing meeting and follow right through to the dramatic ending of their acquaintanceship. However, the fiction starts to become intertwined with their real-life experiences. Their harmless game metamorphoses into a drama seething with extreme emotions. The film depicts how painful and inexorable the games we play with those close to us can be, how we are sometimes incapable of dealing with issues from the past and just how great the power of our imaginations is.
FILM REPRESENTED BY THE KRAKOW FILM FOUNDATION
- RUNNING TIME:
- Maciej Marczewski
- Maciej Marczewski
- Radosław Ładczuk
- Rafał Listopad
- Łukasz Czekała
- Stowarzyszenie Filmowców Polskich - Studio Munka , Wajda Studio, Marymont Films
Maciej Marczewski »is a graduate of the Acting Department at the Aleksander Zelwerowicz State Theatre Academy in Warsaw. Since 2005, he has been collaborating with his brother, director Filip Marczewski, on shorts which include “Melodrama”, nominated for the Student Academy Awards and “Shameless”. He completed the Wajda School’s Development Lab programme in 2011. During the course, he worked on the development of “Suspended”, which was the working title of what has now become “Games”.
- 10th Berlin International Directors Lounge [DLX], Germany, 2014 (screening)
- Let's Cee Film Festival, Austria, 2014 (screening)
- 20th Annual Palm Springs International Short Fest, USA, 2014 (competition)
- 11th Yerevan International Film Festival GOLDEN APRICOT, Armenia, 2014 (competition)
- 7th La Cabina Intenational Medium Lenght Film Festival, Spain, 2014 (Best Director, Best Actress)